I'd like to share some code that I wrote to create a very simple html page that lists some statistics about Vietnam Veterans. I used R and RStudio to create a reproducible html page. I created a GitHub repo (https://github.com/mihiriyer/vietvet-acsstats-2016) that will allow anyone to reproduce, reuse, etc.
In the repo you will find a script that gets the PUM csv files (US and PR), consolidates the csv files, creates survey objects, subsets for Vietnam Veterans and saves the resultant survey objects as Rds files. There is another script that will create a statebin map showing the population distribution. Most important of all the RMarkdown document that creates the html page. The page can viewed here: https://mihiriyer.github.io/vietvet-acsstats-2016/
I'd like to get some feedback (point out errors and suggestions for improvement) from the community. Hope this helps!
In reply to Stas Kolenikov:
In reply to Mihir Iyer: