Education Household head

Dear All

I'm looking for educational attainment for the household head.  Is there a 5 year ACS detail/summary/profile  table that goes down to the census tract ?  Can't seem to find one using the data.census.gov search box.

Best,

Dave

Top Replies

• B25013. Tenure by Educational Attainment of Householder for Occupied Housing Units

To find this using NHGIS, I first selected filters for Tracts, 2017-2021, and topics of "Households" AND "Educational Attainment," That identified two ACS tables with counts by educational attainment for all household members in B28006 and for family householders in B17018. Then I dropped the "Households" topic, giving 44 tables on Educational Attainment, and I searched the page for the word "household". B25013 showed up at the bottom.

As NHGIS project manager, I can tell you it's challenging matching up topics with all relevant tables! In this case, B25013 isn't directly about Households, but we should really associate the Households topic with it anyway. I've made a note for us to associate the Households topics with most of the "Occupied Housing Unit" tables in the future, at least for any tables associated with householder characteristics.