Need information specific for Bamberg, Orangeburg, Calhoun Counties in South Carolina (I am new to this)

Working on narratives and need specific information for Orangeburg, Bamberg, Calhoun counties, and State of South Carolina for comparison please.

Number of Individuals age 65 and older.  (American Community Survey)

Quick Facts Per Capita income, median income and household income and the State of South Carolina

Orangeburg, Bamberg, and Calhoun counties Rural Residency percentage.

I need to update this:

Per the American Community Survey 2012-2016, demographically, the counties served are diverse. In addition to the statistics provided above, women represent about 52% of the population, with men at about 48% across all three counties. African Americans in Orangeburg County comprised the majority of residents, at 61.9%, as in Bamberg County, at 62.6%. Calhoun County¿s white population is in the majority at 54.5%, compared to 41.9% African Americans. Persons with Latino/Hispanic ethnicity comprised 1.1% in Bamberg County; 3.5% in Calhoun County, and 2% in Orangeburg County (US Census, ACS 2012-2016).

Percentage of 

Men and women percentage of the population

men 

Women

ethnicity

African Americans

Persons w/Latino/Hispanic

White 

• Welcome!

There are many ways to access the data you are looking for (and others may have different suggestions), but I think the simplest for someone who is (as you self-described) "new to this" might be the QuickFacts

Here's Orangeburg: https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/orangeburgcountysouthcarolina,US/PST045219#qf-headnote-a

At the top left of that page, in the blue bar, there's a search box that says "Enter state, county, city, town, or zip code." If you click on that box and start typing the other counties, that should get you all of the data you need!

Also, for white population, be sure to use the line for "White alone, not Hispanic or Latino" (rather than the top line in Race and Hispanic Origin, which says "White, alone") to avoid double-counting.

I hope this is helpful!

• Thank you for responding.  I am so overwhelmed by this and running out of time. This is the info I am trying to update.  How can I find the per capita income, median income, and median household income please

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, American Community Survey, 2012-2016 estimates, 15,021  or 13.9% of those 65 and older in Orangeburg County, 17.5% in Calhoun County, and 16.8% in Bamberg County had incomes in the last 12 months at or below 100% poverty. The 2016 US Census QuickFacts lists the per capita income in Bamberg County at $18,260, and the median income at $32,321. 27.6 % of the county population lives below the poverty level. In Calhoun County the median household income was $42,779, the per capita income was $22,964, and 19.3% of the total population lived below the poverty level. Orangeburg County's median income was $34,763 and per capita income was $18,490. 23.4% of the county population lived below the poverty level. All of the counties ranked below the median household income in South Carolina, which was $43,749 in 2016, and well below the United States median income in 2013 of $53,046 (American Fact Finder, table DP03).

Per the American Community Survey 2012-2016, demographically, the counties served are diverse. In addition to the statistics provided above, women represent about 52% of the population, with men at about 48% across all three counties. African Americans in Orangeburg County comprised the majority of residents, at 61.9%, as in Bamberg County, at 62.6%. Calhoun County’s white population is in the majority at 54.5%, compared to 41.9% African Americans. Persons with Latino/Hispanic ethnicity comprised 1.1% in Bamberg County; 3.5% in Calhoun County, and 2% in Orangeburg County (US Census, ACS 2012-2016).