Area Median Income / Family Median Income by US County

Hi,

I'm struggling to find what I thought would be a simple data set:

List of US Counties (County) with AMI for each county (optional with US Census Tract ID)

Nice to have: List of US Counties with Targeted Area Designation (Yes or No)

I have the tareted area dataset for Maryland, but hoping to find the resource to get the data at the national level: data.imap.maryland.gov/.../data

Parents Reply
  • Alberto, just so you're aware, there is no data more recent than 2019 (and no census tract data more recent than the 5-year 2015-2019). The HUD data suggested to you in the other thread uses a variety of previous years (focusing on 2013-2017 data according to their methodology https://www.huduser.gov/portal/datasets/il/il2020/2020MedCalc.odn). In other words, it's a 2020 HUD release of older Census ACS data. I do think that's indeed what you want, I just wanted to clarify (and also point out that if you needed it for some reason, there is more current data than what's contained in the HUD income limits data).

Children
  • It’s tricky. Looking for data to match this, for example, in DC:

Friday, July 17, 2020

Maximum Household Income Limits, rents and purchase prices are based on the Washington Metropolitan Statistical Area 2020 Median Family Income (MFI), previously referred to as Area Median Income (AMI), of $126,000 for a household of four, as published by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) on April 1, 2020.

it seems that I will have to apply an inflation rate to the HUD table. But some housing agencies have the current data so just trying to match that as much as possible.