Householder / Reference Person PUMS Data

Hello! 

I'm currently trying to create a tabulation of limited English household x race (of householder / reference person) and limited English household x place of birth (of householder / reference person). However, the race and place of birth variables seem to only be available at the population level. The PUMS table view seems to compute this at the population level only, and I am unable to download the raw data. 

Does anyone have any tips? I would think that household records are linked to demographic characteristics of the householder, but I'm not sure how to access that. I'm sure others have run into this before. 

Thanks!

Parents
  • If you filter records for the reference person for each household (PERNUM=1 I think) you can put together a table of households.  You may need to filter out group quarters residents, since I think they might each be PERNUM=1.

• If you filter records for the reference person for each household (PERNUM=1 I think) you can put together a table of households.  You may need to filter out group quarters residents, since I think they might each be PERNUM=1.

Children
No Data