Error in sequence file or table shells file for 2013?

Hello,

Has anyone else had a chance to look at the sequence file and table shells for the ACS 2013 1-year data release?

I’m seeing B02005, B02006, and B02007 listed in the ACS2013_1-Year_TableShells.xls file, but the Sequence_Number_and_Table_Number_Lookup.xls does not include these tables. Nor does the new Appendix A (www.census.gov/.../ACS_2013_SF_1YR_Appendices.xls).

Anyone know which is correct?
Parents
  • From the Bureau--No real problem, just a documentation issue.

Hi Andy,

We appreciate you bringing this issue to us. Our staff looked into the issue that you reported. We publish table shells regardless of data, so they will not match exactly back to the 1,3, and 5-year summary file look-up files. We need to add something to the SF tech doc to explain this to data users. As for the FTP site, there is not anything wrong with the table shells posted. The three tables that you noted are published in the 2013 5-year, so you are fine using the 2013 1-year summary file sequence files and appendices.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Nick
  • From the Bureau--No real problem, just a documentation issue.

Hi Andy,

We appreciate you bringing this issue to us. Our staff looked into the issue that you reported. We publish table shells regardless of data, so they will not match exactly back to the 1,3, and 5-year summary file look-up files. We need to add something to the SF tech doc to explain this to data users. As for the FTP site, there is not anything wrong with the table shells posted. The three tables that you noted are published in the 2013 5-year, so you are fine using the 2013 1-year summary file sequence files and appendices.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Nick
Children
No Data