2021 Stimulus checks included in Income data?

Would the stimulus checks and the advanced child tax credits that were issued in 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic be included in the income data reported in the 2021 1-year ACS estimates? The 2021 ACS dictionary lists 8 types of income, with the last income category being "all other income." Within the "all other income" category, "other kinds of periodic income other than earnings," is listed. Would the stimulus checks and advanced child tax credits be included as part of the eighth category? 

Parents
  • Regardless of whether it should be included, I think the question is really whether respondents would think to include it. Someone should analyze the data to see if there's a jump in those categories or not.

• Regardless of whether it should be included, I think the question is really whether respondents would think to include it. Someone should analyze the data to see if there's a jump in those categories or not.

Children
  • Good point!

I've analyzed Household median income for families and for nonfamily households for Travis County, TX and there is a decrease in income adjusted dollars from 2019 to 2021 and an increase in families from 2019 to 2021. Wondering if anyone else has seen this come up in their analysis of the data.