ACS table on race vs Annual Estimate table on race

Hi all,

I’m hoping for some help with a question. I was looking at two different estimates of race by county, and don’t quite see how the different estimates were made, and so how they can be so different. In particular, I’m looking at an ACS table and an Annual Estimates table

B02001. RACE Universe: Total population more information 2008-2012 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates
and
PEPSR6H. Annual Estimates of the Resident Population by Sex, Race, and Hispanic Origin for the United States, States, and Counties: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2013

So, for example, here is their estimates of population by race

Table County % White % Black % Other
PEPSR6H Bronx 46% 43% 11%
B02001 Bronx 23% 35% 46%

Huh? I think they are both saying race alone, although this notes page does say “The sum of the six individual race "alone or in combination" categories may add to more than the total population because people who reported more than one race were tallied in each race category.”
factfinder2.census.gov/.../american_factfinder_help.htm
For the Annual Estimates table, the total of the race categories adds up to the state/county totals. For the ACS tables, the categories do add up to a little more, but not much more.

Any help is greatly appreciated!