Single parent Households (S1101)

I've looked at a few Public Health sites and I couldn't match their number to S1101, then I realized I couldn't match S1101 measure to anything even other numbers in S1101. I must be doing something wrong.

https://data.census.gov/table?q=S1101&g=0100000US&y=2020&d=ACS+5-Year+Estimates+Subject+Tables&tid=ACSST5Y2020.S1101&moe=false

It shows 41.8% households married have a child under 18. I think that's 41,8% of all households? Not 41.8% of households with a child under 18, but I'm not sure. In any event how can you have male at 55 and female at 62, there's no way the math will work?  However, either way, it should be kids in married household = a  kids in male households b, female households c , non-family =d.  a+b+c+d = all households with kids under 18.

Tom

Parents
  • Bernie is right. 41.8% of married couple households have a child 18 years or younger. 55% of male household, no spouse have a child 18 years or younger, and 62.2 percent of female household, no spouse have a child 18 years or younger. Why do you think these all need to add up to 100%? You are comparing different household types.

• Yes, I understand now. I have not seen much mix and match in the tables and was thinking along the standard lines of most age groups I see here.  I always try  to do the match numbers and percent to make sure I understand, otherwise I could have the wring assumption which makes this a good example.  Maybe I'll take my final measures list and pay someone in Upwork who knows the data to verify my data and assumptions.

• Yes, I understand now. I have not seen much mix and match in the tables and was thinking along the standard lines of most age groups I see here.  I always try  to do the match numbers and percent to make sure I understand, otherwise I could have the wring assumption which makes this a good example.  Maybe I'll take my final measures list and pay someone in Upwork who knows the data to verify my data and assumptions.

Children
No Data