Census Bureau plans to stop production of 3-year ACS data

The Census Bureau is planning to discontinue the production of all 3-year ACS data, according to their 2015 budget justification document:

"The Census Bureau proposes to terminate permanently the “3-Year Data” Product. The Census Bureau intended to produce this data product for a few years when the ACS was a new survey. Now that the ACS has collected data for nearly a decade, this product can be discontinued without serious
impacts on the availability of the estimates for these communities."

www.osec.doc.gov/.../Census_2016_CJ.pdf

There have also been some emails circulating that mention the 2015 ACS Data Users Conference has been canceled but I want to assure everyone that this is not the case!
Parents
  • Thanks for clarifying! Now I understand that you were just quoting the Census Bureau, not agreeing that the project can be discontinued without serious negative impact. I'd be happy to be involved in efforts to have this product restored...
  • Thanks for clarifying! Now I understand that you were just quoting the Census Bureau, not agreeing that the project can be discontinued without serious negative impact. I'd be happy to be involved in efforts to have this product restored...
Children
No Data