Percent Rural and Urban Population by Counties

Happy New Year, everyone!

I am looking for percent rural and urban population and land area by counties for 2020 census. I am unable to locate this file. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Indraneel

Parents
  • One of the "Urban and Rural" deliverables is the soon(?) upcoming release of the Census Blocks file, UR version, thru Census TIGER. This should be near-identical to the Census Blocks file, PL version, released in summer 2021 - but now the UR code and UrbanArea ID field will be filled in (instead of blank). 

Census's press kit says this will be published "January 2023"  :-\

Once that's available, you'll be able to summarize population, land area, etc by the UR code & county FIPS. 

In theory, these stats should also be queryable thru data.census.gov - when available - but you might have to wait until Census Bureau puts up the DHC file (formerly SF1) online. I'm guessing on this. The redesign of DEC products has made some things unpredictable.

--Todd Graham 

• One of the "Urban and Rural" deliverables is the soon(?) upcoming release of the Census Blocks file, UR version, thru Census TIGER. This should be near-identical to the Census Blocks file, PL version, released in summer 2021 - but now the UR code and UrbanArea ID field will be filled in (instead of blank). 

Census's press kit says this will be published "January 2023"  :-\

Once that's available, you'll be able to summarize population, land area, etc by the UR code & county FIPS. 

In theory, these stats should also be queryable thru data.census.gov - when available - but you might have to wait until Census Bureau puts up the DHC file (formerly SF1) online. I'm guessing on this. The redesign of DEC products has made some things unpredictable.

--Todd Graham 

Children
No Data