Need to download CT, county and state level agexrace data

Greetings,

I am compiling an SDOH profile of persons age 55+ at the census tract level (plus the full City and state to compare) . I have most of what I need but am looking for an efficient way to download race for this population without having to download multiple race by age files (i.e. White by Age and so on) . Is this possible? I don't see where I can download this easily. I haven't used ACS directly in a while as my company used vendor software. 

Any assistance, tips or hacks would be most appreciated!

Parents
  • to American
    Connecticut Age/Sex/Race/Hispanic by County
    CT changed from Counties, which were just lines on the map, to County Equivalents, which are Regional Planning Districts, as of the 2020 Census and for the Estimates Starting in 2020.  For estimates before then, there is no reasonable alternative.  The closest you could get would be to reallocate the county data from before, based upon the population as reported in the population data by town.  This could lead to some issues, but they would be hidden.  Each county and each planning district is made up of in tact towns (MCDs).  So you could do it based upon proportional allocation of the county results based upon the proportion of the towns total population compared to the county.
    Andy Beveridge
  • I think OP was referring to census tracts, not the postal abbreviation for Connecticut. 

Reply Children
  • Tracts do not have the same race/age/sex/Hispanic breakdown as the counties.  He is asking for the estimates, I think which run as a time series.  They are partially redone when each Census comes out.  Given the massive problems of quality and release dates of the 2020 Census, it is plain that estimates (which are now using a blended base that includes data from the 2010 Census, as well as the County 2020 Counts) are extremely important, since they are used to norm the ACS and many other surveys.  At the county level with AGE/SEX/RACE/Hispanic Status they are released in June.