Demographics in a Fire District

I am needing to get the demographics for a small fire district located just outside Kansas City.  It's a small district- all volunteer Fire District but the boundary lines cross over into the edge of 2 neighboring towns.  Ideally, if there was a way to pull the data by identifying the street names would be the most accurate.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to go about this?  There are probably about 1,200 households in the district.

Thank you.

Parents
  • I'm assuming that your fire district was NOT drawn as a collection of census blocks or some other type of census geography (e.g., tracts or block groups).  Is there a GIS file from which a map of the fire district can be created?  This would be an ESR-style shapefile or some other typeof GIS file (e.g., KML).  That could be a starting point for what you want to do.  Is there some other file identifying boundaries of the fire district?  With either of these types of inputs it is possible to identify census geography that approximates your fire district.

• I'm assuming that your fire district was NOT drawn as a collection of census blocks or some other type of census geography (e.g., tracts or block groups).  Is there a GIS file from which a map of the fire district can be created?  This would be an ESR-style shapefile or some other typeof GIS file (e.g., KML).  That could be a starting point for what you want to do.  Is there some other file identifying boundaries of the fire district?  With either of these types of inputs it is possible to identify census geography that approximates your fire district.

Children
  • Great questions.  The district was formed back in 1983 and it kind of zigs and zags.  I am not aware of any files like that for the district.  I have requested a file of all the registered voters in the district and am working on getting a list of the properties in the district from the asessor's office.  Below is a map but nobody knows who created this but I suspect someone just went out to googlemaps and drew it w/out any sort of GIS guidance.