Poverty Dashboard - any feedback is appreciated

I have two poverty dashboards based on ACS5 data, one has a state filter, one just a full listing of counties. No prior year because of COVID etc, so I'll wait till 2022 comes out and put 2022 vs 2021 data in. I might put in a little more effort, but I also want a housing dashboard, gov programs (SSI, UI,SNAP etc.), Race, Grandparents and maybe a few more. Not looking for perfect, but just some good recaps.What I really hoped to find when I first look for Census data. They both look about the same so I'm only posting one.

https://public.tableau.com/views/Poverty_by_County2/Poverty_by_County?:language=en-US&publish=yes&:display_count=n&:origin=viz_share_link

Thanks!

Parents
  • A few comments:

1. If possible have the All button checked when the dashboard is opened.  Without that being the case if I want to look at one state I first need to check the box the uncheck the box to the deselect all states then pick the state I want.  Alternatively, open the dashboard as a single value list.

2. Its unclear to me what the H flag denotes

3. If possible find a way to remove the US value columns.  Would it be possible to have the US always appear as a geography no matter what the filter? If so then you could dispense with several columns and make your font size a bit larger.

• A few comments:

1. If possible have the All button checked when the dashboard is opened.  Without that being the case if I want to look at one state I first need to check the box the uncheck the box to the deselect all states then pick the state I want.  Alternatively, open the dashboard as a single value list.

2. Its unclear to me what the H flag denotes

3. If possible find a way to remove the US value columns.  Would it be possible to have the US always appear as a geography no matter what the filter? If so then you could dispense with several columns and make your font size a bit larger.

Children
  • I have another dashboard with 1 state selected, sorting by state and a few other elements work better. H was a last minute decision and means really big difference vs US, I need to fix it somehow or drop it. I can easily drop the repeated US columns, and get more space, but some people really like them (???).  I will have a menu or method of going between the dashboards and have a US country map that covers this poverty data, but I haven't figured out which fields to use. I really like heat maps that highlight ranges.