ACS group quarters data

Does anyone in this forum use the group quarters data from the ACS? The group at the Census Bureau that works on the GQ data is interested in getting data user input about the type of GQ data that you'd be interested in receiving or feedback about the GQ data that are currently available.

Thanks,
-Mark
  • Here at Catholic Charities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) we work with several populations who tend to appear in GQ... Sheltered and unsheltered homeless, people living in group homes, people who are incarcerated, etc... I'd like to know more.
  • At UC Berkeley we also work with researchers who are interested in GQ data, especially homeless shelters, incarcerated, and college dorms. I'd also like to know more.

Thanks!
    Susan
  • yes, I work with the Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments and one of the largest programs is Senior and Disability Services (they administer the Area Agency on Aging programs, as well as programs for homelessness, for their 3-county region). It would be great to have more info on type of GQ and characteristics of the population in GQ (age/sex at least) like the 2010 Census has. Additionally Oregon State University is in the region, so info on the college dorm population would be helpful as well.

is there even a table that breaks down the GQ data by type in the ACS? I don't see one. I'm guessing sample size is an issue here for that?
  • Thanks to those of you who responded to my inquiry about the GQ data. I will pass along this information to the Census Bureau in case they want to follow up to get more information.