Sorting or searching by Universe

Hi everyone, I'm working with ACS 2013 5-year estimates at the census tract level. I am wondering if there is a way to search the FactFinder by Universe and, if so, how that can be done? I would like to create ratios using raw numbers that I'm finding in FactFinder tables, however, these come from different Universes (ie, the numerator I want to use is drawn from the "Civilian noninstitutionalized population" Universe, and the denominator I want to use is drawn from "Families"). Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions are appreciated! Thank you.
Parents
  • Hi Alicia,
    One way you could search for different universes is to download the table shells for the 5-year estimates and then conduct a search in the Excel file, or simply scan the tables for the universes that you need. You can access the table shells through the Census Bureau's FTP site: www2.census.gov/.../

The table shell for the 2013 5-year file is called ACS2013_TableShells.xls
  • Hi Alicia,
    One way you could search for different universes is to download the table shells for the 5-year estimates and then conduct a search in the Excel file, or simply scan the tables for the universes that you need. You can access the table shells through the Census Bureau's FTP site: www2.census.gov/.../

The table shell for the 2013 5-year file is called ACS2013_TableShells.xls
Children
No Data