ACS estimates of "grandparents responsible for grandchildren" (S1002)

Hello! I'm reviewing the 2022 5-year ACS estimates for New Mexico, in particular table S1002 ("Grandparents"). Regarding the percentage indicator "Grandparents responsible for grandchildren" - please, what is the DENOMINATOR for this percentage? Thank you!

Parents
  • B10063_002E Estimate!!Total:!!Household with grandparents living with grandchildren:
    B10063_003E Estimate!!Total:!!Household with grandparents living with grandchildren:!!Household with grandparent responsible for own grandchildren under 18 years:
    B10063_004E Estimate!!Total:!!Household with grandparents living with grandchildren:!!Household with grandparent responsible for own grandchildren under 18 years:!!Householder or spouse with no parent of grandchildren present
  • Thank you so very much, Tom. But, I'm afraid I don't understand how to estimate "number of grandparents" from B10063, as the unit of sampling for this table is "household". (Also, I did evaluate B10010 and B10059, but again, I'm not sure how I could use data from those tables to estimate "number of grandparents" (to use as a denominator). With appreciation!

• There are only totals of grandparents living with/responsible for grandchildren.  ACS does not measure total grandparents.  

Reply Children