State Labor Force data by race/ethnicity

I need to pull current data on California's civilian labor force to include race/ethnicity. Any help? I'm new to using this platform.

Thanks

• Here are a few ideas.

If you need the civilian labor force specifically (not the total labor force) and are not concerned with age brackets then I would suggest using the C23002 series of tables. 

C23002D - Asian Alone

C23002G - Two or more races

C23002F - Some other race alone

C23002I - Hispanic or Latino

C23002B - Black or African American alone

C23002H - White, Not Hispanic or Latino alone

C23002C - American Indian and Alaskan Native alone

C23002E - Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone

The most efficient method would be to pull using the Census API, but you can also download them individually as spreadsheets from data.census.gov. The search bar at the top of the page will help you find different tables. Notice that I have changed the geography to California on the "Geos" filter. Here is table C23002D to help get you started: C23002D: Sex by Age by Employment ... - Census Bureau Table.

If you want just the total labor force participation (civilian and military) by race/ethnicity all in one table, you can also just pull table S2301. But it does not have the civilian breakout: S2301: Employment Status - Census Bureau Table.

Here's a good overview of the available employment tables: Employment - Census Reporter