Download All Census Tracts for a State

Is it no longer possible to download all census tracts for a state at once from data.census.gov?

I thought the first box that use to come up was:
All Census Tracts within Florida?

Now it's just giving me a list of counties and making me go into each county to select all their Census Tracts.

Parents
  • If you have access to a Python environment, this is easy to do programatically. First

pip install censusdis

and then you can run code like the following:

import censusdis.data as ced
    from censusdis.datasets import ACS5
    from censusdis import states
    # The variable I want to download. VARIABLE_MEDIAN_INCOME = "B19013_001E" # This is the call to download the data we want: df_co_tracts = ced.download( # Data set and vintage. dataset=ACS5, vintage=2022, # The variables to download. Adding 'NAME' can # be useful for debugging and sanity checking # the results. download_variables=['NAME', VARIABLE_MEDIAN_INCOME], # Geographies we want data for: all tracts in all # counties in Colorado state=states.CO, county='*', tract='*' )

This will get the data you want into a pandas data frame. From there you can save it to a file, analyze it, or whatever else you like. Choose a different data set, vintage, and/or variables as needed for your application.

For more details, see github.com/.../censusdis

• If you have access to a Python environment, this is easy to do programatically. First

pip install censusdis

and then you can run code like the following:

import censusdis.data as ced
    from censusdis.datasets import ACS5
    from censusdis import states
    # The variable I want to download. VARIABLE_MEDIAN_INCOME = "B19013_001E" # This is the call to download the data we want: df_co_tracts = ced.download( # Data set and vintage. dataset=ACS5, vintage=2022, # The variables to download. Adding 'NAME' can # be useful for debugging and sanity checking # the results. download_variables=['NAME', VARIABLE_MEDIAN_INCOME], # Geographies we want data for: all tracts in all # counties in Colorado state=states.CO, county='*', tract='*' )

This will get the data you want into a pandas data frame. From there you can save it to a file, analyze it, or whatever else you like. Choose a different data set, vintage, and/or variables as needed for your application.

For more details, see github.com/.../censusdis

Children
No Data