Deriving ACS Estimates without an existing MOE

I'm trying to map the comparison between ACS 2005 - 2009 to ACS 2006 - 2010 using statistical significance with the formula recommended by the Census. This formula requires that I use estimates and margins of error. The ACS 05-09 (Census 2000) and ACS 06-10 (Census 2010) geographies do not match and cannot map. I know that ACS has relationship files that I can use to relate the geographies and estimates. But how do I relate the margins of error?

Thank you.
Parents
  • 2005-2009 has overlapping data 4 of the 5 years with 2006-2010 -- meaning 4/5 of the data is identical -- so a test of significance would be invalid.

I think your larger question is how you can manipulate the MOE to match the manipulation of the estimate to be in a uniform geography. The short answer is that you can't. However, you can make a guess at the MOE by using some of the algorithms in the appendix of the Handbook for Researchers (www.census.gov/.../ACSResearch.pdf), depending on how you manipulated the estimate.
  • 2005-2009 has overlapping data 4 of the 5 years with 2006-2010 -- meaning 4/5 of the data is identical -- so a test of significance would be invalid.

I think your larger question is how you can manipulate the MOE to match the manipulation of the estimate to be in a uniform geography. The short answer is that you can't. However, you can make a guess at the MOE by using some of the algorithms in the appendix of the Handbook for Researchers (www.census.gov/.../ACSResearch.pdf), depending on how you manipulated the estimate.
Children
No Data