Downloading large files

How does one download the entire ACS 2011-2015 dataset for every zip code fully or partially within a state?

Parents
  • The ZCTA data (zip code tabulation areas) are only available in the US file, if you're looking for the ACS summary file data. I actually have it imported into Access. The files are big, but if you want it let me know and I can post a link to it on my server. I'm uploading it now to share so dont have the link just yet.
  • That would be great! I expect to do a lot of work with all Virginia zip codes and census tracts but I do not know what specifically. Having the full files would be a big help.
  • Okay, I'll post here when the US file is uploaded and I'll get you the Virginia file since you'll need that for the census tracts. The US files are pretty large, almost a GIG each, so you'll need a good Internet connection and patience to download them. I have them split into the estimates tables and MOE tables.
  • I'm having trouble with getting the files uploaded so these may get online until tomorrow. I'll keep you posted. Hopefully you dont need them right away.
  • no rush. Thanks so much!
  • Hi Sherrina, the files are now uploaded - there are separate zip files for the estimates tables and margin of error (MOE) tables. 

I've got the U.S. and Virginia files up. (and Arizona, because that's mainly what I use, but dont think you need that):

http://gisdiva.com/downloads/acs2015-5yr/

Let me know if you have any issues with the download or the files. i have some basic instructions/readme details up there as well.

enjoy,

Jami

p.s. if anyone else would like a State file that is not up there, let me know and I can put it together for you.

• Hi Sherrina, the files are now uploaded - there are separate zip files for the estimates tables and margin of error (MOE) tables. 

I've got the U.S. and Virginia files up. (and Arizona, because that's mainly what I use, but dont think you need that):

http://gisdiva.com/downloads/acs2015-5yr/

Let me know if you have any issues with the download or the files. i have some basic instructions/readme details up there as well.

enjoy,

Jami

p.s. if anyone else would like a State file that is not up there, let me know and I can put it together for you.

Children
No Data