ACS Subjects not available for block groups?

Hi all,

I'm trying to find ACS 2011-2015 data for block groups, but evidently some of the tables I'm interested in (e.g. B26001 - Population in Group Quarters) are not available for block groups. 

I can't find anything in the handbooks or on the ACS website that mentions some tables being available for tracts but not block groups - indeed, the handbooks frequently mention that all data is available down to the block group level.

Can anyone verify that some tables are actually not available, and that I'm not making an error in my search? And if this is true, what might the reason for this exclusion be?

Parents Reply Children
  • Thanks and , very helpful. I was able to get (most of) the estimates I wanted through other tables. For example, there was no direct count of persons with disability for some reason, but there was Table B21007 "Age by Veteran Status by Poverty Status in the Past 12 Months by Disability Status for the Civilian Population 18 Years and Over" which you can sum to get the number of persons with a disability.

This is kind of hacky, and makes me wonder why? If sample size was the issue, having a much more specific count available like B21007 but not the broader "Persons with a disability" set doesn't make much sense. You would think only populations with the broadest pools would be counted for block groups.