U.S. Census Bureau Releases Documentation Supporting the 2016 American Community Survey (ACS) 1-Year Estimates

We are please to announce the first release of documentation in support of the 2016 American Community Survey 1-year estimates scheduled for release on Thursday, Sept. 14, 2017. This documentation offers ACS data users the opportunity to prepare for next week's data release.

New and updated information related to this release is available now on the 2016 Data Release page.

Highlights include links to the following:

The ACS provides reliable statistics that are used to make informed decisions about the future. These statistics are required by all levels of government to manage or evaluate a wide range of programs, but are also useful for research, business, education, journalism, and advocacy. If you have questions about this survey, please call our Customer Services Center on 1 (800) 923-8282. 

To request a free data workshop, training, or presentation from the U.S. Census Bureau, please contact the Data Dissemination Office at census.askdata@census.gov or 1-844-ASK-DATA (1-844-275-3282).

Thank you,

American Community Survey Office

U.S. Census Bureau

Parents
  • Hello, I made the following suggestion for the 2011-2015 ACS release:

Would it be possible to make the full ACS geography files available in advance of the release? [...] Normally these geo files arrive along with the summary file release on embargo day, but I can't think of any reason why the geos need to be embargoed. It would be really helpful to have this data ahead of time.

Justin Keller responded:

Hello and thank you for the feedback. While it is obviously too late to implement for DY2015, I have passed along this information to our ACS data products area and they have it under consideration for the DY2016. It sounds like they will be able to accommodate this request.

Any news on this? Can the ACS data products group release the geography files in advance of the full data release next week?

• To add to Glenn's request, it would also be incredibly useful to have the Summary File Templates (files that look like Seq1.xls) and Table Shells (ACS2015_Table_Shells.xlsx) in advance. I can't express how helpful it would be to have these already when the actual data is released.
  • Bernie, the table shells file is already available at the link above
Reply Children
No Data