MOE 2016 data

It's probably right there ... somewhere ... but where can I find 2016 county/race population estimates with MOE. It is part of the 2012 and 2014 FactFinder reports but not 2016. Thanks for the help.

Parents
  • No but now Yes. A level of detail that is excessive for what I want, but I can discard what I don't need. Thanks for your suggestion.
  • Hi Cassiodorus,

You might also be interested in the detail table (B02001) that has just population and MOE estimates. I've generated a link using 5-year ACS data for population by county, here: factfinder.census.gov/.../0100000US.05000.003
    You could also search "B02*" or "C02*" to get similar results for specific race groups. I link to 5-year data because 1-year data is only available for counties with a population of 65,000 or more. You'll have to use 5-year data if you want every county.

In general, this is a great place to start when you want a detail table:
    www.census.gov/.../subjects.html

And this is a great place to start when you want a subject table:
    www.census.gov/.../
    (Tip: Click Show All in the top left corner to see all the subjects at once.)

It might also be useful for you research to know that Census' Intercensal Population Estimates are available at the county level by race/ethnicity. Those can be found here:
    www.census.gov/.../counties-detail.html
    Notably, the overall total will match up with ACS data, because ACS's county population totals are forced to match the Intercensal Population Estimates. The ACS tables indicate this by using "****" in the MOE column. This controlling does not happen for population totals by race at the county level though.
  • Hi Cassiodorus,

You might also be interested in the detail table (B02001) that has just population and MOE estimates. I've generated a link using 5-year ACS data for population by county, here: factfinder.census.gov/.../0100000US.05000.003
    You could also search "B02*" or "C02*" to get similar results for specific race groups. I link to 5-year data because 1-year data is only available for counties with a population of 65,000 or more. You'll have to use 5-year data if you want every county.

In general, this is a great place to start when you want a detail table:
    www.census.gov/.../subjects.html

And this is a great place to start when you want a subject table:
    www.census.gov/.../
    (Tip: Click Show All in the top left corner to see all the subjects at once.)

It might also be useful for you research to know that Census' Intercensal Population Estimates are available at the county level by race/ethnicity. Those can be found here:
    www.census.gov/.../counties-detail.html
    Notably, the overall total will match up with ACS data, because ACS's county population totals are forced to match the Intercensal Population Estimates. The ACS tables indicate this by using "****" in the MOE column. This controlling does not happen for population totals by race at the county level though.
Children