Zip code/Zip code tabulation area crosswalk

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a zip code/zip code tabulation area crosswalk (i.e. which zip codes are consolidated into a ZCTA). I know that certain zip codes are omitted from ZCTAs for a number of reasons (e.g. large unpopulated areas of land https://www.census.gov/geo/reference/zctas.html). 

Specifically, I am looking at the ZCTAs for Los Angeles County, California.  I have a list of the zip codes for LA county and pulled up the ZCTAs for California. When I compared the zip codes and ZCTAs, I saw that 68.7% of the zip codes did not have a matching ZCTA. Is there any way to find out if some of the zip codes were combined with a particular ZCTA?

Thanks, in advance.

Cole 

Parents
  • Speaking for data in Michigan, I've never seen a ZCTA which combined zip codes. When a zip is missing, it's usually because either it's a PO box or it's totally non-residential. Many large companies have their own zip codes.

That said, 69% seems awfully high.

Patty Becker
  • Speaking for data in Michigan, I've never seen a ZCTA which combined zip codes. When a zip is missing, it's usually because either it's a PO box or it's totally non-residential. Many large companies have their own zip codes.

That said, 69% seems awfully high.

Patty Becker
Children