ACS 2013 5-year data available in MS Access 2007

Hi all,

I will be importing the 5year estimate summary files for Oregon, Arizona, and Washington D.C. into an Access database (2007 version). I've set up a macro to run the import routine so it wouldn't be too difficult to do additional states. The files are large so, as you can imagine, it actually takes multiple Access files to import them all. Ideally these should be used on a SQL server, though I currently don't have access to SQL so this is my method for now.

If anyone would like the Access files for any state, let me know and I can import it for you or send you documentation on how to do it for yourself. I will need to test my import routine when the data are released on Thursday so I don't want to give out the documentation files until I know this works properly. I did this for the 2012 5year estimates, so I know it works, but I've had to make adjustments due to changes in the Sequence Files so I want to make sure I got the adjustments correct before I distribute it.
Parents
  • looks good, Jeff, thanks.

I've already got the state files I need imported into Access so I'm using those for now. I also imported the US file. As of now, I have 11 states (include D.C.) plus the U.S. in Access 2007 databases.

so if these are helpful to anyone, feel free to grab the files you need. (or let me know if you need a state that is not on there yet).
    Here's the link again to the Access databases: some of them are huge and require multiple zip files.
    gisdiva.com/.../

Jeff, I'm going to take a look at your code when I get a chance and see if it will be more efficient for me when I need to get more state data into Access. Thanks again for sharing ! I'm not a programmer either, just know enough of how to work my way around code to get something to work-- usually. :)

thanks!
    Jami
  • looks good, Jeff, thanks.

I've already got the state files I need imported into Access so I'm using those for now. I also imported the US file. As of now, I have 11 states (include D.C.) plus the U.S. in Access 2007 databases.

so if these are helpful to anyone, feel free to grab the files you need. (or let me know if you need a state that is not on there yet).
    Here's the link again to the Access databases: some of them are huge and require multiple zip files.
    gisdiva.com/.../

Jeff, I'm going to take a look at your code when I get a chance and see if it will be more efficient for me when I need to get more state data into Access. Thanks again for sharing ! I'm not a programmer either, just know enough of how to work my way around code to get something to work-- usually. :)

thanks!
    Jami
Children
No Data