New data.census.gov website

This might not be the best place for this question, but I am wondering how can one download, say all census tracts for Maryland, Pennsylvania and Virginia without having to click on each county and census tract individually with the new website. I just cannot figure it out and I am worried since the American Factfinder website is going away soon.

Parents
  • Last I heard (in late April), the Census Bureau is still working on adding these kinds of checkboxes to the data.census.gov system . Some of these checkboxes (e.g., all counties in MD) are already available and they plan to add more of these in time for the 5-year data release later this year. The Census Bureau may be able to provide more detailed info on this.
  • Hi Mark, I have a similar question. Within factfinder, I used to have the option to select "All census tracts within the United States," for various common tables like S1701. I no longer see this as an option, both in factfinder and the new website.
Reply Children
  • Hi Laura,
    The Census Bureau hasn't added this functionality to the new site yet, but they plan to fix this by the end of the year, when the new ACS 5-year data are released. In the meantime, they are encouraging users to continue to use FactFinder to access all census tracts in a state (or in the U.S.)
    -Mark