Urban / Rural Definition

Can anyone point me to a concise definition of urban and rural in the 2010 Decennial Census? I have read the Federal Register notices but I am looking for something that is more brief. I am specifically interested in how the population is defined at the block group level. For example, if I look up a block group and it has an urban population of 179 and a rural population of 12, is there a page somewhere that will briefly describe how these are determined?
Parents
  • As it relates to urbanized areas. I was wondering if it is possible to generate e ACS 2012 one-year estimates for urbanized and non-urbanized poverty in the US. Using the American Factfinder, I tried selecting all urban areas and it appears to not include all urbanized areas? I think Beckley, WV is not included. I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong it might not be possible.
  • As it relates to urbanized areas. I was wondering if it is possible to generate e ACS 2012 one-year estimates for urbanized and non-urbanized poverty in the US. Using the American Factfinder, I tried selecting all urban areas and it appears to not include all urbanized areas? I think Beckley, WV is not included. I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong it might not be possible.
Children
No Data