ACS data is used for ....

I was looking for a high level list of all the different ways ACS data is used by state/ federal programs.  Is there a place that lists this information?

I'm familiar that it is used for things like redistricting, allocation of funding for a wide variety of federal programs but haven't been able to find a list (even high level).

Would love to get a list of this information.

Parents Reply Children
  • I will, the meeting is tomorrow. They are not data people and start getting the deer in the headlight look whenever I start trying to review even basic data points. They are structural engineers from a large construction company that was forced to conduct a study in order to get access to a federal grant. They have been treating the process like they were ordering a report off of Amazon up until recently and then all of a sudden decided they were experts in how to conduct a study. Then, they started trying to micro-manage things they had no business micro-managing.

They really don't understand the difference between one data source over another. They just think producing data is something that just happens magically by a few queries.