Effect of Covid-19 College Shutdowns on 2020 Census University Group Quarters Counts

Please excuse the off-topic post.  Has been any news about how the Census Bureau plans to handle the effect of the Covid-19 college shutdowns on group quarters enumeration for the 2020 Census?  This strikes me a big issue for communities like mine (Cambridge, Massachusetts). There would also seem to be the increased possibility of double counting of formerly dorm residing students at their family home, if the students are living there on Census Day (April 1).

Here is an article about the potential effect on the household enumeration:

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2020/03/coronavirus-census-bureau-san-francisco-pandemic-planning/607246/

Parents
  • Yes, I know exactly what is going on with enumeration of college students in GQ and in households off-campus. I am trying to draft a memo by tomorrow that will be circulated widely to census stakeholders. (I'm drowning.) Please sit tight! Bottom line, though: the residence rule governing where college students will be counted will not change. The bureau already is working on modified operations in some areas, and duplication is a concern. Communications and messaging will be key. Thanks! (Your census whisperer, Terri Ann Lowenthal)
  • Yes, I know exactly what is going on with enumeration of college students in GQ and in households off-campus. I am trying to draft a memo by tomorrow that will be circulated widely to census stakeholders. (I'm drowning.) Please sit tight! Bottom line, though: the residence rule governing where college students will be counted will not change. The bureau already is working on modified operations in some areas, and duplication is a concern. Communications and messaging will be key. Thanks! (Your census whisperer, Terri Ann Lowenthal)
Children
No Data