Low/Moderate Income Households 2001-2004

I am being asked to try and locate low/moderate income households by census tract in Suffolk County for the ACS 2001-2005 period. The census data explorer doesn't go back that far, and the HUD User Exchange, which provides this information for the Community Development Block Grant, only posts data going back to around 2009. Does anyone have a suggestion how I can obtain at least the raw data, for which I can do the calculations for LMI? Thanks.

Seth Forman

Suffolk County EDP

Parents
  • The data you want are from the 2000 Census.  It had a long form, so those data would be there.  I am pretty sure they classified low/moderate income in 2000.  I would go back to HUDUSER and look.  

It has to do with the Area Median Income, which is complexly determined based on household size. I know these sorts of data existed in 2000, because we used them in a case in Westchester.  Hope this helps.

• The data you want are from the 2000 Census.  It had a long form, so those data would be there.  I am pretty sure they classified low/moderate income in 2000.  I would go back to HUDUSER and look.  

It has to do with the Area Median Income, which is complexly determined based on household size. I know these sorts of data existed in 2000, because we used them in a case in Westchester.  Hope this helps.

Children