Cannot find Workplace Geography data for Texas in FTP files of ACS 5 year estimates

I wanted to access the workplace geography - occupation 5-year estimates at the census tract or block group level for Texas. Essentially, I am interested in the variables -

B08524_001 MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION TO WORK BY OCCUPATION FOR WORKPLACE GEOGRAPHY% Workers 16 years and over%Total
B08524_002 MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION TO WORK BY OCCUPATION FOR WORKPLACE GEOGRAPHY%Workers 16 years and over%Total%Management business science and arts occupations
B08524_003 MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION TO WORK BY OCCUPATION FOR WORKPLACE GEOGRAPHY%Workers 16 years and over%Total%Service occupations
B08524_004 MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION TO WORK BY OCCUPATION FOR WORKPLACE GEOGRAPHY%Workers 16 years and over%Total%Sales and office occupations
B08524_005 MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION TO WORK BY OCCUPATION FOR WORKPLACE GEOGRAPHY%Workers 16 years and over%Total%Natural resources construction and maintenance occupations
B08524_006 MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION TO WORK BY OCCUPATION FOR WORKPLACE GEOGRAPHY%Workers 16 years and over%Total%Production transportation and material moving occupations
B08524_007 MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION TO WORK BY OCCUPATION FOR WORKPLACE GEOGRAPHY%Workers 16 years and over%Total%Military specific occupations

However, every row corresponding to these columns seems to be empty. I am using the files in "Texas_Tracts_Block_Groups_Only.zip" ("e20185tx0030000.txt") at https://www2.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs/summary_file/2018/data/5_year_by_state/. Was this information not collected? If it was collected, how can I access it?

Any help is appreciated.

Parents Reply
  • Right. workplace geography is not available by tract or block group, though that is not quite clear in the documentation (as far as I can tell). The lowest level of geography for workplace is place (incorporated place or Census Designated Place CDP)

Children
No Data