Median Family Income at the tract level: MSA/MD statewide & non-MSA/MD

I need to produce the MSA/MD statewide & non-MSA/MD Median Family Income at the census tract level (for all tracts in the US) using the ACS 5Y 2010 estimates. 

More precisely, I need to get the Median Family Income for the MSA/MD in which each tract is located. If the tract is not in a MSA/MD, this Median Family Income needs to be for all portions of the state not in MSA/MDs. The values for MSA/MD statewide non-MSA/MD Median Family Income need to originate from the U.S. Census Bureau's 2010 ACS 5 year estimates.

Any help on how to proceed will be much appreciated.

Parents Reply Children
  • Interestingly, "Area Outside of Metro/Micro Statistical Areas (or part)" is an available geography, but it doesn't seem to have available data for ACS. Perhaps it is available but just isn't working right?

As an aside, it's frustrating that you can't search for "median family income" at data.census.gov and get a relevant result. That seems like a pretty basic search. In fact, if I filter my search for ACS 5-year detailed tables, if I just search for "family income", it returns no results.

• yeah I had to search for "median" alone. Good times.

• I also ended up frustated when I saw this before posting... If that box worked, there would have been no need for the post. Thanks Bernie!