ACS 5-year estimates Census Tract Boundaries

For ACS 5-year estimates that straddle 2010 (2007-2011 to 2009-2014), or all census tract estimates from the 2010 Census Tract boundaries?  My guess would be that this would be the case starting with the 2006-2010 ACS estimates, but I just wanted to confirm. 

Parents
  • I think you're asking: did ACS products make a product-wide switch to 2010 Tract boundaries in 2010? 
    The answer is yes. 
    Census Bureau ACSO retains the individual household-level responses collected thru ACS. The responses are geocoded to an X, Y point location. And those points can be identified with new tract memberships or new city memberships (if boundaries change) during the 5 years that those records are used in ACS "5-year" tabulations. 
    That make sense?

• Hi, Todd.  Thank you so much for your help.   I'm trying to create an archive for my  education research organization with ACS data at the tract level on a small subset of variables.  Our primary focus would be NYC and I was planning on downloading 5-yr tabulations starting with the 2006-2010 through the 2015-2019 datasets.  Our organization primarily uses SAS so I was going to save these files as SAS datasets.  We have census tract data for students in NYC (the individual students are de-identified), so researchers could merge these tabulations with the student-level data.  The census tract variable on the student-level data correspond to the 2010 boundaries, so I wanted to ensure that ACS estimates for the years I'm using also corresponded the 2010 boundaries.  

• Hi, Todd.  Thank you so much for your help.   I'm trying to create an archive for my  education research organization with ACS data at the tract level on a small subset of variables.  Our primary focus would be NYC and I was planning on downloading 5-yr tabulations starting with the 2006-2010 through the 2015-2019 datasets.  Our organization primarily uses SAS so I was going to save these files as SAS datasets.  We have census tract data for students in NYC (the individual students are de-identified), so researchers could merge these tabulations with the student-level data.  The census tract variable on the student-level data correspond to the 2010 boundaries, so I wanted to ensure that ACS estimates for the years I'm using also corresponded the 2010 boundaries.  

Children
No Data