2016-2020 ACS 5-Year Estimates

Do any of you know if the 5-year estimates will be published given that the 2020 1-year estimates are experimental?  What is/will Census decision be? Are there any remedies for the 5-year estimates if the decision is no? What is Census Bureau's schedule for it if they are provided (though I doubt it)? Thank you in advance!

• They haven't changed anything on the website so far and according to the website they are planning to be released in December: 
    www.census.gov/.../release.html

• Thank you, Jamie! I will follow up on their schedule. 

• Hi Monica,

Our most important job is releasing quality data on America’s people and economy. Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on American Community Survey (ACS) data collection, we made the decision earlier this year not to release standard ACS 1-year estimates but instead to provide experimental ACS 1-year data. We are in the process of evaluating the 5-year ACS estimates. We recognize the critical importance of the 5-year ACS data, in particular, on government and business decision making and the need for quality ACS data for that purpose.  In the coming weeks, we will provide more specifics on our plans for the 5-year data release.

Thanks,

Gretchen

• Thank you, Gretchen! I will watch for your news releases. Have a great day!

• Here's the statement the Census Bureau released today:

The U.S. Census Bureau is committed to producing high-quality data. The Census Bureau recognizes the critical importance of the American Community Survey (ACS) 5-year data, in particular, on government and business decision-making and the need for quality ACS data for that purpose.

To reflect our quality standards, the Census Bureau must delay the 2016-2020 ACS 5-year data release originally targeted for December 2021. Additional time is needed to continue refining our methodology so that we can minimize the impact of nonresponse bias due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our current plan targets a March 2022 release date. We expect to provide an update in December.

Here's the link to the statement: Census Bureau Statement on 2016-2020 American Community Survey