Is there a table for business-data-by-census-tract in ACS?

I would like to see data for businesses--type of business and number of people employed by tract in the 2019 ACS. Is there such a table?

Parents
  • I'd recommend Census's Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics, which has a wealth of detailed employment data (going down to the block level!). Also worth checking out is BLS's Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages, which is similar to County Business Patterns but has less lag and a larger sample of data. QCEW and County Business Patterns aren't available at the tract level, though (CBP is sort of at the ZIP code level).

More on LEHD here: https://lehd.ces.census.gov/

• That's great information thanks Bernie! I find CBP frustrating for lag and also privacy -- you go to a place you know is dominated by one industry and it's not reflected because there are one or two big players and there's a concern the # of employees would be proprietary. Bottom line glad to have an alternative

• That's great information thanks Bernie! I find CBP frustrating for lag and also privacy -- you go to a place you know is dominated by one industry and it's not reflected because there are one or two big players and there's a concern the # of employees would be proprietary. Bottom line glad to have an alternative

Children
No Data