Retired people in 2012 1-year ACS PUMS

Hi, I'm trying to identify the retired people (if possible) in the ACS2012- 1 year database. Does anyone know what variable/variables should I use identify these people? I've searched in the PUMS data dictionary, but i had no luck.
Any help on this is highly appreciated!

Thanks,
Adriana
Parents
  • Good point!

I looked for something similar these days and I agree that the combination of "not in labor force" variable with retirement income would be the best... Though, I am not sure if this combination is already available in FactFinder...

Definition from ACS:
    "Not in labor force category consists mainly of students, housewives, retired workers, seasonal workers interviewed in an off season who were not looking for work, institutionalized people, and people doing only accidental unpaid family work (less than 15 hours during the reference week)".
  • Good point!

I looked for something similar these days and I agree that the combination of "not in labor force" variable with retirement income would be the best... Though, I am not sure if this combination is already available in FactFinder...

Definition from ACS:
    "Not in labor force category consists mainly of students, housewives, retired workers, seasonal workers interviewed in an off season who were not looking for work, institutionalized people, and people doing only accidental unpaid family work (less than 15 hours during the reference week)".
Children
No Data