Datapoint level/hierarchy in raw data downloads

Hi - Does anyone know if the Census has documentation that explains the hierarchy of data for ACS tables? I'm working with raw data and it doesn't include the indentions that the Census uses. I only see that the TableShells Excel file (attached) shows the hierarchy as formatted indentions.

I'm trying to create a system that will allow me to calculate a 3rd-level datapoint as a % of a 2nd-level datapoint. For example (chosen randomly), calculating the % of children under 6 living with 2 parents that are foreign-born for this table (screenshot attached).

Does this exist?

Thanks for any advice you have.

Parents
  • JamieRae and Joe - Thanks for your reply. I think we figured it out. We're creating the numeric hierarchy using a Visual Basic function that determines the level of indention on a cell. I'll keep you posted on our progress.
  • JamieRae and Joe - Thanks for your reply. I think we figured it out. We're creating the numeric hierarchy using a Visual Basic function that determines the level of indention on a cell. I'll keep you posted on our progress.
Children
No Data