Average Persons Per Household: Single-Family Detached, Single-Family Attached (Multiple Family?), Apt/Condo, Mobile Home Units

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find Average Persons Per Household for a County. But I need this data to be broken down into: Average Persons Per Household living in Single-Family, Average Persons Per Household living in Multiple Family, Average Persons Per housing living in Apartment, Cluster & Condominium units, and Average Persons Per Housing living in Mobile home units.

I read somewhere that this data is now being produced in ACS-5 year survey. The "Single-Family", "Multiple Family", "Apartment, Cluster & Condominium", "Mobile Home" was used in decennial 2000 census. There may be new words for these type of housing in the new ACS-5.

Anyone know where I can find this information, or how I can utilize various tables to get the data that I need?

Parents
  • You can calculate persons per household and vacancy rates by using the following three tables:

• B25032. TENURE BY UNITS IN STRUCTURE
    • B25024. UNITS IN STRUCTURE
    • B25033. TOTAL POPULATION IN OCCUPIED HOUSING UNITS BY TENURE BY UNITS IN STRUCTURE

Begin by summarizing these data into single family and multifamily categories. Our city usually categorizes mobile homes and other units in the SF category, and single family attached units (or townhomes) in the MF category, but you can use your own definitions as needed.

The calculation for persons per household for the SF (or MF) housing stock = SF (or MF) population in households / SF (or MF) households (B25033/B25032)

The calculation for vacancy rates for the SF (or MF) stock = 1 – [SF (or MF) households / SF (or MF) housing units] (1 - B25032/B25024).

• You can calculate persons per household and vacancy rates by using the following three tables:

• B25032. TENURE BY UNITS IN STRUCTURE
    • B25024. UNITS IN STRUCTURE
    • B25033. TOTAL POPULATION IN OCCUPIED HOUSING UNITS BY TENURE BY UNITS IN STRUCTURE

Begin by summarizing these data into single family and multifamily categories. Our city usually categorizes mobile homes and other units in the SF category, and single family attached units (or townhomes) in the MF category, but you can use your own definitions as needed.

The calculation for persons per household for the SF (or MF) housing stock = SF (or MF) population in households / SF (or MF) households (B25033/B25032)

The calculation for vacancy rates for the SF (or MF) stock = 1 – [SF (or MF) households / SF (or MF) housing units] (1 - B25032/B25024).

Children
  • Thanks Gwen!

I also like to calculate single family attacheed units as a multi-family category, but Table B25033 merges both detached and attached for total population.

I am wondering how I can separate out the detached or attached units in Table B25033? Is there another table that shows the breakdown for total population on detached & attached?

Much appreciated!!