Percent Rural and Urban Population by Counties

Happy New Year, everyone!

I am looking for percent rural and urban population and land area by counties for 2020 census. I am unable to locate this file. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Indraneel

Parents
  • FWIW, this census.gov web page provides the most current info about their urban/rural definitions (the official Census urban/rural definitions, not USDA, OMB CBSAs, etc.). There's a link there to a very recent (12/29/22) press release that announced the new 2020 urban areas, including some high-level stats about them. (Maybe this is the press kit Todd was referring to in his reply.) It links to a Federal Register Notice that lists the new UAs with their populations, housing counts & land areas, but I don't see any other source of that info available yet.

Echoing what Todd said, I fully expect we'll have access to 2020 urban/rural populations by county sometime this year, but it's not yet clear when!

• FWIW, this census.gov web page provides the most current info about their urban/rural definitions (the official Census urban/rural definitions, not USDA, OMB CBSAs, etc.). There's a link there to a very recent (12/29/22) press release that announced the new 2020 urban areas, including some high-level stats about them. (Maybe this is the press kit Todd was referring to in his reply.) It links to a Federal Register Notice that lists the new UAs with their populations, housing counts & land areas, but I don't see any other source of that info available yet.

Echoing what Todd said, I fully expect we'll have access to 2020 urban/rural populations by county sometime this year, but it's not yet clear when!

Children
No Data