TENURE (RENTER/OWNER) ACS TABLES at person level

Does anyone know if there are any 5 year ACS tables with tenure (renter/owner) at the person level rather than the householder level ?  For example if I want to know how many people live in rented housing for a census tract, is there a way to do this? No cheating -- I don't want to use PUMS data in some way. If there is a source of census tract data using some non-ACS dataset -- let me know.

Best,

Dave

Parents Reply Children
  • me too! But I add that as another tab in the Appendices file. so I can also find the Sequence file it is in because I load all the data on my SQL server. www2.census.gov/.../

I know, now I need to learn how to use the table-based file structure since they are going away with the Sequence file format next year. 

• I load the CENSUS meta data for the various dataset types into R and then search on either the label field or "concept" field using grep in R.  When I grepped on "TENURE" quite a few tables came up. The metadata doesn't have a "universe" field so I didn't pick up the person level table when I searched.  After your help I went back and dug in further and B25003 was there.  Oh well.

Best

Dave

PS for other who might use R, tidy census has a function that can be used to search the metadata datasets.