Trying to get detailed language data at the city level

I'm trying to get detailed data on languages spoken at home to do an LEP study. I'm able to get the data by PUMA; however, my city is lumped in with two other cities, with no way to segregate them.

Is there some other way to do this? We're on the hook for non-English language support but can't get granular-enough data to figure out which languages we have to service. Thanks in advance.

Parents
No Data
  • Obtaining detailed language data at the city level presents a significant challenge, particularly for studies aiming to assess Limited English Proficiency (LEP) and provide adequate language support. While existing data sources like Public Use Microdata Areas (PUMAs) offer some insights, they often lack granularity, lumping together multiple cities and hindering precise analysis. To address this issue, alternative approaches must be considered. These may include conducting localized community surveys to directly gather language information, utilizing specialized language mapping tools for detailed demographic insights, collaborating with local institutions and language service providers for data access and expertise, and potentially commissioning custom data analyses tailored to specific study requirements. By employing a combination of these strategies, researchers can overcome the limitations of existing data sources and obtain the detailed language data necessary to inform LEP studies and effectively support linguistic diversity within cities.

Children
No Data