S1703 at the tract level?

Since when is S1703 not available at the tract level? I've emailed my contact at the Census Bureau, but in the meantime, can somebody walk me back from the edge? This is super basic information that our municipalities always ask us for (grant applications, etc.), and I can't believe it's not there anymore.

–Julie

Parents
  • Hi Julie,

Did you ever find out more about this? It is pretty amazing that it was just dropped without notice. It looks like the more detailed poverty by age by race tables still exist at the tract level, but I know it isn't as simple a search. (For example, B17001B Poverty status in the past 12 months by sex by age (Black or African American alone))

I'll be interested to hear what you find out. I keep an index to all the poverty cross tabs (as you say, very useful for non-profits and social service providers), and I should drop S1701, S1702 and S1703 if they are now extinct.) Here's a link to the guide if you have any to add (or drop!) guides.lib.berkeley.edu/c.php

Thanks,
    Susan
  • Hi Julie,

Did you ever find out more about this? It is pretty amazing that it was just dropped without notice. It looks like the more detailed poverty by age by race tables still exist at the tract level, but I know it isn't as simple a search. (For example, B17001B Poverty status in the past 12 months by sex by age (Black or African American alone))

I'll be interested to hear what you find out. I keep an index to all the poverty cross tabs (as you say, very useful for non-profits and social service providers), and I should drop S1701, S1702 and S1703 if they are now extinct.) Here's a link to the guide if you have any to add (or drop!) guides.lib.berkeley.edu/c.php

Thanks,
    Susan
Children