Census FTP interface

Hi. Is there a way to access Census data files (such as TIGER files) through an actual FTP interface? I'm trying to download all the files on this page (https://www2.census.gov/geo/tiger/TIGER2015/TRACT/), however, it not being an actual FTP interface, it requires manual clicking on each file to download. I know there used to be such an interface, but I can't find it.

Thanks,

Bernie

Parents Reply Children
  • AFAIK ftp has been deprecated by the team; something along the lines of it being insecure, and "no one uses it".
    I'm not aware of any real ftp implementation, but do know the faux one referred to here.
    I'm incredibly excited to hear about DownloadThemAll being available in Firefox once again! When Firefox switched how their plug-ins/ecosystem worked, DTA stopped working and looked like it might not be coming back.
    This encouraged me to learn more about WGET and cURL, which are far more powerful, and dead simple stupid, once you get the hang of them.
    That said, now that I know DTA is back up, time to be lazy again!
  • ...and then watch as your downloads status bar goes nuts.

• yeah, I was sorely dismayed when DTA stopped working. I actually just learned of the new version while looking it up for my reply to !