Data Profile (DP02) ZCTA Data

Good Morning ~ Has there been a change or a new access process to the 2018 5 year estimate ZTCA data this week in the Data Profiles ?  On Monday I could pull in ZCTA data and since Tuesday I have not been able to do so and get a message that says "No Results Found" even on zips that previously showed data.  

Thank you in Advance for your Help,

Terie

Parents
  • Hi Terie,

When you search for a ZCTA, the dropdown menu shows results for both ZCTAs and ZIP codes:

Is it possible you clicked on the ZIP code instead of the ZCTA? There isn't ACS data for ZIP codes (which are not technically areal units, just a collection of mail delivery locations), but there is for ZCTAs (which are made to approximate ZIP codes).

By the way, I don't know why it shows the same ZCTA twice. That makes me suspicious that one of them might work and the other might not for a given ACS year.

-Bernie

• Hi Terie,

When you search for a ZCTA, the dropdown menu shows results for both ZCTAs and ZIP codes:

Is it possible you clicked on the ZIP code instead of the ZCTA? There isn't ACS data for ZIP codes (which are not technically areal units, just a collection of mail delivery locations), but there is for ZCTAs (which are made to approximate ZIP codes).

By the way, I don't know why it shows the same ZCTA twice. That makes me suspicious that one of them might work and the other might not for a given ACS year.

-Bernie

Children