Trouble accessing 2010 5-year estimates for Block Groups in Miami-Dade County

Hello, 

I am fairly new to using the ACS so this may be a simple question but I am getting frustrated. I couldn't find ACS-5 year estimates for total population (table B01003) in some lock groups in Miami-Dade County. I have tried using the SummaryFileDataRetrievalTool_V1.0.0.14.2.xlsm but apparently this is not active since 2015. 

I have downloaded the Florida_Tracts_Block_Groups_Only.zip which has hundreds of documents in text format but I can't figure out which one stands for the tables or variables I am interested in, namely table B01003. 

Please help. I have been reading the technical documents but I can't figure this out.

Best, 

Samuel Olah

Parents
  • The new Census data site only goes back to 2013 5 YR ACS data.

Could you use 2010 Decennial data for this? If you're trying to compare it to 2020 data, you are going to run into issues with new block groups being in the 2020 data that were not in earlier years.

• The new Census data site only goes back to 2013 5 YR ACS data.

Could you use 2010 Decennial data for this? If you're trying to compare it to 2020 data, you are going to run into issues with new block groups being in the 2020 data that were not in earlier years.

Children