New Look Coming to data.census.gov

Changes are coming to data.census.gov, and we're excited to share what we've been working on with you!

Next week, you'll see a new look for our data platform. Get a sneak peek today, test new functionality, and explore new layouts. Note that our preview site does not have the same stability as our production site, but it will continually be updated so you get the latest look at our development before its official release. 

We wanted you to be among the first to know about these new changes. Visit our Resources page to learn more, and stay tuned for more to come next week.

Parents
  • Hello,

Will some of the background mechanics of the site change?  For example, using the "CEDSCI Deep Link Tutorial" as a source, I have written many links on our webpage that take users to a specific table and geography on data.census.gov.  Will these deep links be maintained?

Have you fixed stupid interface things, like giving users the ability to move and resize the geo selection window?  This is one of my pet peeves, as I am unable to move this window to access all of the options in this window.

TIA

AB

• Good morning Adam, the new look and feel coming out later this month will not have any impact on the deep links.  Also, I'm interested in the idea of resizing the geo selection window.  Are you referring to the panel that opens, for example, when you go to the Advanced Search and click on the Geography button along the left?  Or did you have in mind a panel found elsewhere on the site?  If you can give me a little more on what you were thinking, I can certainly suggest it to our developers for future consideration.

• Attached is the geo window on my screen.  As you can see, the window displays the first row of buttons and some of the second row buttons.  This window cannot be moved or resized to show the third row of buttons and the "All Geographies list.   My users give up when they can't see the options this window provides. I get questions like, "Where can I find tract data?"

Ideally, this window should be draggable and resizable.  (Yes, there is a slider on the window, but the contrast is insufficient and some users cannot see it at all). TIA

• Attached is the geo window on my screen.  As you can see, the window displays the first row of buttons and some of the second row buttons.  This window cannot be moved or resized to show the third row of buttons and the "All Geographies list.   My users give up when they can't see the options this window provides. I get questions like, "Where can I find tract data?"

Ideally, this window should be draggable and resizable.  (Yes, there is a slider on the window, but the contrast is insufficient and some users cannot see it at all). TIA

Children
No Data