New Look Coming to data.census.gov

Changes are coming to data.census.gov, and we're excited to share what we've been working on with you!

Next week, you'll see a new look for our data platform. Get a sneak peek today, test new functionality, and explore new layouts. Note that our preview site does not have the same stability as our production site, but it will continually be updated so you get the latest look at our development before its official release. 

We wanted you to be among the first to know about these new changes. Visit our Resources page to learn more, and stay tuned for more to come next week.

Parents
  • Stll wish you would have kept AFF

• Good morning Eric and Tim.  We know that data.census.gov is still a work in progress.  If there's functionality that you miss the most, please let us know about it and we can always suggest it to our developers for future consideration.  Hearing from customers goes a long way in helping us determine where we should focus our efforts.  If you'd like to provide your suggestions via a different format, you can always send us an email at census.data@census.gov.

• Thanks Barne415.  One quick suggestion would be to either eliminate this search criteria pictured below or to include a catch all "from any profile or table" or similar. Or perhaps let the user select multiple (all) sources as it only allows a single selection.   Even as an experienced user I don't always know which to select because I don't need to know this at the end of the day.  I cannot imagine how a novice census data seeker would guess as to which to select.  I'll take your advice and send others to the e-mail adress you supplied.  Thanks

• I don't know that getting rid of these choices is the right way to go. That said, making the choice more intuitive is not a bad idea. It's always good to know exactly from which source your data originated.

• Adding a "from any profile or table" choice would be near the top of my list of asks if not at the top.  Without this you must make multiple searches within the same source for all the tables of interest.

• I would vote to do this similar to Amazon, where all available filters are expanded on the left side of the screen, so not buried under groupings like data.census.gov does right now.  

Reply Children