Income based on vehicle ownership?

Hi team: long-time viewer, first time poster. I've been scratching my head about this one all day - I'm simply looking to find a table (or some method) that would allow me to calculate the median household income for a given geography (preferably counties) by vehicle ownership. I've spent at least an hour running through different ACS tables, with no luck. Is this something I'll have to use PUMS for instead? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Parents
  • You need to use a PUMS file  The vehicle question (household section of the ACS survey form) is #12 How many automobiles, vans, and trucks of one-ton capacity or less are kept at home for use by members of this household?  Split the PUMS data  by using None v one or more. Then use the household income variable to compute median income. If you want to leverage the PUMS results use the household income distribution split by vehicle "ownership" add in covariates that might affect vehicle ownership. Use the resulting multi-way cross tabulation with small area estimation to get other geographies.

• You need to use a PUMS file  The vehicle question (household section of the ACS survey form) is #12 How many automobiles, vans, and trucks of one-ton capacity or less are kept at home for use by members of this household?  Split the PUMS data  by using None v one or more. Then use the household income variable to compute median income. If you want to leverage the PUMS results use the household income distribution split by vehicle "ownership" add in covariates that might affect vehicle ownership. Use the resulting multi-way cross tabulation with small area estimation to get other geographies.

Children