Income based on vehicle ownership?

Hi team: long-time viewer, first time poster. I've been scratching my head about this one all day - I'm simply looking to find a table (or some method) that would allow me to calculate the median household income for a given geography (preferably counties) by vehicle ownership. I've spent at least an hour running through different ACS tables, with no luck. Is this something I'll have to use PUMS for instead? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Parents
  • Mo--

If you don't mind using old ACS data, from 5+ years ago?, then try the CTPP database. 
    Yes, CTPP is a thing that still exists. http://data5.ctpp.transportation.org/ctpp1216/Browse/browsetables.aspx  And it has many crosstabs that include number of vehicles possessed by household. 

Possibly the crosstabs you want are

A112214 - Vehicles available (6) by Household income in the past 12 months (2016 $) (9) (Households) - Large Geos Only  

or 

A112306 - Household size (5) by Vehicles available (5) by Household income in the past 12 months (2016 $) (9) (Households)  

Good luck. 

• Mo--

If you don't mind using old ACS data, from 5+ years ago?, then try the CTPP database. 
    Yes, CTPP is a thing that still exists. http://data5.ctpp.transportation.org/ctpp1216/Browse/browsetables.aspx  And it has many crosstabs that include number of vehicles possessed by household. 

Possibly the crosstabs you want are

A112214 - Vehicles available (6) by Household income in the past 12 months (2016 $) (9) (Households) - Large Geos Only  

or 

A112306 - Household size (5) by Vehicles available (5) by Household income in the past 12 months (2016 $) (9) (Households)  

Good luck. 

Children
  • Apologies. Hit send too fast. 

more CTPP tables:

B112205 - Mean Household income in the past 12 months (2016$) (1) by Vehicles available (6) (Households) - Large Geos Only  or 

B112207 - Median Household income in the past 12 months (2016$) (1) by Vehicles available (6) (Households) - Large Geos Only 

That's probably what you want.

• Todd - CTPP did come to mind (glad I wasn't off in considering it). However, my prime issue with it is how old the dataset is. Was looking for something more recent. Nonetheless, thank you for the guidance.